Unique Restaurant Space Available
Have you ever dreamed of opening your own restaurant or are you an experienced restaurateur looking to expand? Do we have the spot for you!
NeighborWorks Blackstone River Valley is offering prime restaurant space in a high traffic retail and residential development in Woonsocket, RI. The entire space is approximately 1,700 sq. ft. (1200 sq. ft. for the restaurant and 500 sq. ft. of addition storage) and includes a historical dining car from the 1920’s, a large dining/kitchen area and a basement. The Front St., Woonsocket location contains an existing customer base, with six other commercial businesses and 43 units of housing.
NWBRV is offering flexible lease and rent terms and is in the process of building out the space to meet the needs of a modern restaurant.
The Restaurant Space is located at 719 Front St., Woonsocket, RI. Please contact NeighborWorks Blackstone River Valley at 762-0993 x 206 if you would like to set up a walk-through.
The Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate possesses:
- An entrepreneurial spirit and passion to create a neighborhood institution with a healthy foods component which promotes health and wellness.
- Commitment to create jobs and meet our hiring goals
- Business, marketing and management skills.
- Equity—both credit and sweat—to insure the venture’s success.
In order to be considered, you must:
- Provide proof of citizenship or Permanent Resident/alien Registration Card
- Possess adequate resources and capitalization required per Business Plan
- Have prior management level experience in food service and/or restaurant operations (Other relevant experience will be considered).
Application & Selection Process
We have a two-step application process. Step 1 is the application phase, which will be accepted on a rolling basis. Phase 2 will occur after an application is received.
Phase 1 (Rolling basis)
- A resume with professional experience, education and other credentials and certifications;
- A Business Plan with a 6 year horizon is required of all first-time restauranteurs. For all existing restaurant owners, we require a review of your current business.
- Complete and return the Application.
Please submit the above application in either a digital or hard copy format. Digital submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Hard copies can be dropped off or mailed to: NeighborWorks Blackstone River Valley 719 Front St. Ste. 103, Woonsocket, RI 02895. Attn: Diner Proposal.
Phase 2 (after application is received)
If you are chosen to continue, you will be required to submit:
- Licenses and food-related certifications and letters of intent from primary suppliers;
- Financial section, which includes: Proof of Assets (Letter of Commitment from a reputable lending institution and/or Bank Statements), Equipment and Supply List, Projected Balance Sheet, Profit-Loss Statement, detailed monthly budget from first year, Proforma Cash Flow and Build-out cost submission;
- Proof of citizenship or Permanent Resident/Alien Registration Card.
- Additional documentation may be required at the start of Phase 2.
As part of Phase 2, we will process the following:
- Credit check
- Criminal background check
There will also be a personal interview with the selection committee and you will be required to submit a sample layout design and menu, and possibly a menu “sampler.”
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Please check back here throughout the application period to learn more about frequently asked questions and their answers.
- What are the actual room dimensions of the diner, kitchen/dining room area and basement? You can download Site Plans for the space here.
- What is the diner's seating capacity? The diner car and additional restaurant space have seating for approximately 40 guests.
- Are there restrictions to the kinds of foods and drinks that can be served? No, NWBRV has no restrictions on the content of proposed menus.
- What is the Monthly Rent? Rent is negotiable. For planning purposes, use $10 sf., though this number is an estimate.
Where can I find business plan templates or find help with business planning services? There are several local organizations that provide assistance to existing and start-up businesses including:
The Rhode Island Small Business Development Corporation is a regional center co-located with the Northern RI Chamber of Commerce at 6 Blackstone Valley Place in Lincoln, RI. You can call or email their Regional Director, Douglas Jobling, at 401-263-5124 or email@example.com. When contacting them about their free assistance programs, please mention that you are calling in regards to the NWBRV restaurant opportunity to receive priority assistance. The organization also offers training on how to develop a strong business plan.
The Rhode Island Economic Development Corporation website includes links to many small business incentive programs, technical assistance, and financing opportunities.
Rhode Island SCORE provides free, confidential counseling to small businesses in Rhode Island and nearby Connecticut and Massachusetts.
BuzGate.org offers referrals for a range of small business resources.